LGBTQ+ Research Group
The LGBTQ+ Research Group is a cross-faculty, interdisciplinary network of staff and students committed to pursuing a rich and varied programme of research with LBGTQ+ communities on issues that matter to LGBTQ+ people.
The group is open to all staff and students and provides an opportunity for academics to share ideas, collaborate, learn, challenge each other, and promote our work within and beyond ARU. We are committed to actively and meaningfully engaging with communities and community-based organisations at all stages of research and scholarship.
We work to provide:
- opportunities for collaboration, development of research proposals and networking
- visibility of LGBTQ+ research and LGBTQ+ scholars within and beyond ARU
- an entry point for external partners to identify academic staff who may have the skills and expertise to provide an LGBTQ+ perspective
- a focal point for community engagement, including an identified contact point for community partners and a facilitation of community contact for staff and students
- mentoring and support for staff and students
- advice and guidance on all aspects of LGBTQ+ research
- a focus for academic contribution to community events such as Pride, LGBT History month and similar events
- advocacy for the inclusion of LGBTQ+ issues in curricula and training across the university
- working with policymakers at government, national and regional level to influence policy change and ensure that LGBT research underpins this.
Key partnerships and collaborations
You can find out more about our individual members' work by visiting their staff profiles. You can also contact any of them for more information.