Writtle University College and ARU have merged. Writtle’s full range of college, degree, postgraduate and short courses will still be delivered on the Writtle campus. See our guide to finding Writtle information on this site.



All our international students need a visa or permission to study in the UK, though EU and EEA students will follow a different application process.

Please see our information for EU/EEA and Swiss students for more details.

Student visa

Anglia Ruskin University is a student sponsor with a track record of compliance. This means that the UK Government has approved us to sponsor international students under the Student Route. As your sponsor we will issue the necessary documentation to assist you in obtaining your visa to study in the UK. This page will highlight the most important parts you need to know about visas and immigration.

More information about your visa...