Global Virtual Academy
The Vision and Eye Research Global Virtual Academy is a collaborative group with our national and international academic and non-academic partners, visiting professoriate and clinicians.
By working closely with the optical and pharmaceutical industries, we're in a unique position to understand the needs of patients, service providers and private sector companies.
We have teamed up with healthcare software solutions provider Medisoft in a knowledge transfer partnership to help test new patient records software. For more details, visit the Medisoft Limited website.
We work with contact lens specialists UltraVision on contact lens evaluation. For more details, visit the UltraVision website.
VERI researchers have been awarded industry funding to run a trial of a highly anticipated spectacle lens. For more details, visit the Hoya website.
NHS and international hospitals
We work with ophthalmologists at various hospitals including Addenbrookes, Hinchingbrooke and Southend for:
- multi-centre trials on glaucoma progression and management
- quality and safety of new models of community care of glaucoma patients
- wide field corneal specular microscopy as an adjunct to new modalities of transplant surgery.
We additionally work with the NHS on clinical trials.
We also work with hospitals abroad including Gandaki Medical College and Teaching Hospital (Nepal), Kurseong Sub-divisional Hospital (India), Sankhara Nethralaya Eye Hospital (India), Second Affiliated Medical College Hangzhou (China).
VERI collaborates with groups within ARU, NHS staff, and UK and international academics.
- John Allsop, Royal Air Force College
- Prof Anthony Bron, University of Oxford
- Prof Roger Buckley, Emeritus Professor, ARU
- Dr Aman Chandra, Southend NHS Trust
- Prof Adrian Davis, UCL
- Prof Brian Moore, University of Cambridge
- Dr James Myerscough, BMI Southend Private Hospital
- Dr Manbir Nagra
- Professor Konrad Pesudovs, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Prof Madhavan Rajan, Addenbrookes NHS Trust
- Prof Rajiv Raman, Sankara Netharalaya ye Hospital, India
International and national collaborators
- Md. Saiful Islam, Jahangirnagar University
- Dr Zhiqing Chen, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou
- Prof Felix Chen, SUSTech, Shenzen
- Dr Anupama Biswas, Kurseong Sub-divisional Hospital, Darjeeling
- Sarika Gopalakrishnan, Elite School of Optometry, Chennai
- Dr Elena Aggius-Vella, Unit for Visually Impaired People, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Genova
- Dr Claudio Campus, Unit for Visually Impaired People, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Genova
- Prof Monica Gori, Unit for Visually Impaired People, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Genova
- Nepalese Association of Optometrists
- Dr Bhojraj Adhikari, Nepal Health Research Council
- Dr Hara Maya Gurung, Himalaya Eye Hospital
- Niraj Joshi, Nepalese Association of Optometrists
- Prof Nirmal Lamichhane, Bhuvana-Govinda (BG) Hospital and Research Centre
- Dr Robin Maskey, Diabetes and Endocrinology Association of Nepal
- Tara Sharma, Gandaki Medical College and Teaching Hospital
- Dr Sarita Tuladhar, Gandaki Medical College and Teaching Hospital
- Prof Tirthalal Upadhyaya, Gandaki Medical College and Teaching Hospital and Diabetes, Thyroid and Endocrinology Care Centre
Prof Artal, Pablo, University of Murcia
Dr Paisan Ruamvibooksuk, Rajavithi Hospital, Bangkok
Prof John Robson, University of Houston
- Cambridgeshire Local Optical Society
- Join Dementia Research
- Dr Tasanee Braithwaite, Guy's and ST Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
- Aditi Das, Health Education Yorkshire and the Humber
- Stylianos Georgoulas, Cambridge University Hospital NHS Trust
- Dr Hena Wali Haque, Cambridge University Hospitals Foundation Trust
- Prof Tony Holland, University of Cambridge
- Niral Karia, Southend NHS Trust
- Jonathan Keenan, Nuffield Health Plymouth Hospital
- Manzar Saeed, Queen Elizabeth Hospital NHS Trust
- Asma Sajid, Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Foundation Trust
- Ghulam Shabbir, Pakistan Community Association of Peterborough
- Dr Aman Sharma, Southend Hospital
- Marianne Shiew, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
- Alexander Silvester, SpaMedica
- Dr Ahalya Subramanian, City University, London
- Dr Ian Tapply, Cambridge University Hospital NHS Trust
- Dr Gianni Virgili, Queen's University Belfast
- Prof Dingchang Zheng, University of Coventry