Our research facilities
Facilities in the Vision and Eye Research Institute (VERI) include state-of-the-art laboratories and clinical areas.
- four state-of-the-art consulting rooms to carry out clinical trials and consultations
- low vision suite featuring a new Vicon mobility analysis system and research facilities to examine hearing in patients with low vision. Our researchers investigate mobility and co-ordination in low vision patients using the most advanced gait lab in the UK
- diagnostic suite which includes anterior (Zeiss) and posterior (Spectralis) OCTs, Microperimeter (MP1), fundus cameras, Keeler-Konan Pocklington wide-field specular photomicroscope, anterior and posterior HRT, Shack-Hartmann wavefront sensor, IOL Master and power refractor
- anterior eye research suite, incorporating a room-sized environmental chamber which allows independent manipulation of temperature, wind speed and humidity, blinking recording device and thermography
- a myopia laboratory
- psychophysics suite with Cambridge Research Systems Visage and SR Research EyeLink 1000 eye tracker.
Find out more about our facilities and clinical trials
For further information, email [email protected]