How to apply for the Coach Academy - 2023/24
PE Teaching Assistant
Working with our partners, The Stephen Perse Foundation Senior School, we have opportunities for you to assist with the delivery of curriculum-time PE. There may also be the opportunity to assist with the running of school sports fixtures and events during the course of the school year.
In return you will receive a comprehensive package of support. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain new qualifications and develop valuable skills sought by future employers.
We will consider applications from students for placements with the Stephen Perse Foundation, external collaborators or within any Team ARU sports club and you will be placed with this club for the duration of the year.
In agreement with the Sports Club Development Officer, you will complete a coaching qualification, be given a Personal Development Plan to outline your development goals for the year and receive mentoring support from the Head Coach.
Application criteria and selection process
- Applications are open to all registered ARU students.
- To apply, submit a CV and covering letter evidencing how your skills, qualifications and experience meet our role description and why you wish to be part of the Academy.
- You should specify in your covering letter which role you are applying for - Assistant Coach or Teaching Assistant - and if the former, stipulate the club you are applying for a position with.
- If you're shortlisted, we will contact you regarding interview dates and times. After your interview, you will be notified of the outcome within seven days.
You must send your application to [email protected] by Friday 27 October 2023.
The successful applicants will receive:
- An excellent opportunity to gain experience of coaching university sport or school PE
- Opportunities to gain new coaching qualifications
- Enhanced employability prospects
- Mentoring support from the Head Coach
- 1:1 support from the Sports Club Development Officer
- Coaching Academy clothing pack
- Bursary to attend an appropriate coaching qualification(s)
- Recognition through the Students’ Union Volunteering Programme and provision of Skills Transcript which can be shown to prospective employers.