Faculty:Faculty of Health, Medicine and Social Care
School:School of Nursing and Midwifery
Areas of Expertise:
Complex Midwifery Care , Obstetric High Dependency Care
Ellenia is a part-time lecturer practitioner and part-time obstetric high-dependency midwife in central London, with specialist interests in complex midwifery care and medical problems.
Before commencing her role with ARU, Ellenia worked as a rotational midwife in London, followed by a position as a core labour ward midwife, and has since specialised as an obstetric high dependency midwife – planning and delivering care to women with complex pre-existing health needs, or women who develop complications within the childbearing period. She continues in this specialised role alongside working as a lecturer practitioner. Ellenia joined the university in 2021 and is undertaking an MSc in Advanced Midwifery Practice.
- The psychological impact of rare/complex disease in pregnancy
- Experiences of midwives undertaking care of complex women
BSc (Hons) Midwifery
- BSc (Hons) Midwifery (Anglia Ruskin University)
- MSc Advanced Midwifery Practice, in progress (Anglia Ruskin University)
- PgCert Higher Education (Anglia Ruskin University)
- Mentorship Programme (Kings College University)
- Care of the Critically Unwell Woman module (Anglia Ruskin University)
Memberships, editorial boards
- Royal College of Midwives