Studying an English language course for 6-11 months

To apply for a Short-term student visa:

  • You must have an offer of a place to study an English language course that is between six and 11 months long
  • You must be aged 16 or older on the date of your immigration application
  • You must not be studying any other subject
  • You must leave the UK within 30 days of the end of your course, or at the end of 11 months, whichever comes first
  • You must apply for entry clearance before you come to the UK
  • You have enough money to be cover your fees, living costs, accommodation and the cost of your return or onward journey
  • You must study only this course .

Find out more about Short-term student visas and start your Short-term student visa application.

If you wish to study any other short course, you can enter the UK under the visitor route.