Studying an English language course for 6-11 months
To apply for a Short-term student visa:
- You must have an offer of a place to study an English language course that is between six and 11 months long
- You must be aged 16 or older on the date of your immigration application
- You must not be studying any other subject
- You must leave the UK within 30 days of the end of your course, or at the end of 11 months, whichever comes first
- You must apply for entry clearance before you come to the UK
- You have enough money to be cover your fees, living costs, accommodation and the cost of your return or onward journey
- You must study only this course .
Find out more about Short-term student visas and start your Short-term student visa application.
If you wish to study any other short course, you can enter the UK under the visitor route.