Writtle University College and ARU have merged. Writtle’s full range of college, degree, postgraduate and short courses will still be delivered on the Writtle campus. See our guide to finding Writtle information on this site.

Extending your student visa

Please view the presentation below for information on extending your student visa in the UK.

Note that this presentation is intended as a guide only. View full information on UK visas and immigration from the UK Home Office.

(Best viewed in Full Screen mode. Use your right and left arrow keys to navigate between slides.)


If you wish to progress to a new programme at ARU at the end of your visa - such as a Masters degree following successful completion of your Bachelors degree you will need a new CAS to extend your student visa

If your current student visa is valid at the start of your new course, you will be able to register on your course and extend your visa later. You will need to make a visa extension with one of our International Student Advisers within six weeks of the new course start date.