Writtle University College and ARU have merged. Writtle’s full range of college, degree, postgraduate and short courses will still be delivered on the Writtle campus. See our guide to finding Writtle information on this site.

Degree Apprenticeship BA (Hons) Management Chartered Manager

Information for employers

Develop management talent and agility in your business with our Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship: a cost-effective way to grow and retain management talent.

A smartly dressed man standing in an office with his arms folded looking at the camera

Developing tomorrow’s leaders

The Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship was designed by employers, ensuring that the course balances business education with practical, real-time learning in the workplace. Apprentices develop into aspiring leaders, capable of maximising their potential and driving performance and productivity improvements across your organisation.

Who is this apprenticeship for?

This apprenticeship is ideal for a new to post manager or anyone aspiring to be a professional manager across all sectors and industries and is relevant to all sizes of organisation. Job roles may include any role where there are significant management responsibilities such as Manager, Senior Manager, Head of Department, or Operations Manager.

Capabilities to better your business

A cost-effective way to develop and retain talent

Degree apprenticeships are a smart investment. You can reinvest Apprenticeship Levy funds to cover the cost of the apprenticeship or receive funding support from the government.

If you operate in England and your annual payroll is over £3 million, you pay a levy of 0.5% of your payroll into a levy account.

The cost of the Chartered Manager programme for levy paying employers is £22,000 and this can be covered in full using the non-refundable funds in your levy account. If you exhaust the funds in your levy account, then the government will pay 95% of the outstanding fees and you will need to pay the remaining 5%.

If your organisation is not required to pay the levy, you will pay only 5% of the cost of the apprenticeship programme while the government pays the remaining 95%. The cost of the Chartered Manager programme for non-levy paying employers is just £1,100.

For more about the Apprenticeship Levy, and to find out about any additional incentive payments for hiring a new apprentice from the government, please visit the key information section on our Degree apprenticeships for employers page
Our team of dedicated consultants can talk you through the detail.

Delivered by experts, blending online and face-to-face learning

The course combines online learning and activities from sector specialists and practitioners, with a series of face-to-face workshops from our academic team. This blend of online and face-to-face learning fosters a collaborative and supportive programme, augmented by online discussions, student blogs and critical reflection and analysis under the guidance of experienced tutors.

20% of their learning will be classed as 'off the job', which means that they'll be learning during normal working hours either in their place of work or outside - but not part of their normal working duties.

Customised delivery - tailored delivery options to meet your own business requirements may be available, subject to meeting a minimum enrolment threshold. Our dedicated apprenticeship team can discuss options with you.

What are the entry requirements?

As an employer your business sets out the person specifications for the role, but the apprentice will need to meet our entry requirements to be accepted onto the course. You can view the full entry requirements on our apprentice page.

Our team of dedicated consultants can talk you through the detail.


Visit the apprentice course page for full course details

Industry recognised professional accreditation

Chartered Management Institute HE Partner Logo

Accredited by the CMI

Chartered Manager status is the highest status that can be achieved in the management profession and is recognised and valued across all sectors and industries.

Helping you find the right apprentice

Woman smiling iStock image 498941586

Recruitment support

Our dedicated apprenticeship team is on hand to help you attract the best candidates for your organisation. We can help with:

  • Crafting job advertisements
  • Promoting your vacancy to our registered and targeted candidate mailing list
  • Adding your vacancy to the National Apprenticeship Service ‘Find an Apprenticeship’ on your behalf
  • Sharing opportunities across our social media channels.

Our consultants will also be happy to support you in determining the suitability of the candidates you receive.

Next steps

If you'd like to know more about the apprenticeship, have a current employee in mind or are thinking of recruiting an apprentice for your business, our designated team of experts are here to support you at every step. Get in touch today.