Book an Exercise and Performance test
Please carefully read the testing criteria and health and safety information before booking a test with us.
Your health and safety and the accuracy of your test results are central to our services so we have strict procedures in place.
We can currently test people who meet the following criteria. Before the booking stage, you will be asked to confirm you meet these criteria:
- Aged between 18-64 years
- Currently undertaking at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic or 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity a week
- Do not have any underlying medical conditions
- Either do not have any risk factors or your GP has said it is safe for you to undertake a submaximal and maximal exercise test
- Are not pregnant
Important health and safety information
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Our testing services operate in accordance with Anglia Ruskin University and Government guidelines on COVID safety, which includes a full health and safety risk assessment. If you have any questions or concerns about this please speak with a member of the team before arriving at Compass House.
- If you have not undertaken any exercise in a while (i.e. more than 6 months), or consider yourself relatively sedentary we advise that you consult your GP before booking a test. Likewise, if you have any underlying medical conditions which may exclude you from exercise testing it is also recommended that you consult your GP before booking a test.
Please let us know in your booking enquiry email how many risk factors you have and what they are.
Each factor represents 1 risk factor.
- Age above 50 years old
- Current injury which could affect your ability to exercise
- Currently taking any prescribed medication which could affect your health or ability to exercise
- Any previous issues with exercise (e.g. pain, dizziness, fainting)
- Any known heart or cardiovascular issues, including high or low blood pressure or high cholesterol levels (high LDL/low HDL cholesterol)
- A family history of any cardiovascular disorders, including heart disease, stroke or heart attack, or high blood pressure/high cholesterol
- Any known metabolic issues, including diabetes (type 1 or 2)
- Family history of metabolic disorders, including diabetes
- Any known lung issues, including chronic asthma
- Any other current medical condition which could affect your ability to exercise
- Overweight or obesity
- Any other reason, including being told by your GP that you should not take part in vigorous exercise
If you have three or more risk factors
It is important that you speak with your GP before making a booking to ensure you’re safe to undertake a submaximal and maximal exercise test.
If you have one or two risk factors
It is recommended that you consider speaking with your GP before making a booking as a precautionary measure to ensure you’re safe to undertake a submaximal and maximal exercise test.
If you have no risk factors
We will continue with your booking and you can speak with your GP if you feel it is necessary.
You will be required to complete a medical health screening questionnaire and send to our staff prior to your visit. If your current fitness and health status has changed in the last 6 months leading up to your visit, we strongly advise that you consult your GP before booking and undertaking a test.
To book an Exercise and Performance Test please email us at [email protected]. In your email please confirm that you meet the testing criteria and list which of the risk factors apply to you.
We will respond to you within approximately 10 working days with an online booking link and medical health screening questionnaire.
You will then be directed to information on preparing for your test.
For further information or to ask us any questions, please email us at [email protected]