- Faculty of Health, Medicine and Social Care
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
- Areas of Expertise:
Nursing and midwifery
Ligi is a qualified children’s nurse, with special interest in neonatal nursing. She has more than 18 years' clinical experience in neonatal nursing and teaching experience of more than ten years.
Ligi graduated as a registered nurse from Mangalore University in 1996. She completed her Masters in Paediatric Nursing in 2000 from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and then she gathered over five years of experience in teaching internationally. She started working in Anglia Ruskin University in 2017 as a clinical skills tutor and then progressed to lecturer practitioner. Currently, Ligi is a senior lecturer and course lead for our PG Certificate in Neonatal Care and Nursing Associate courses. She commenced a Professional Doctorate in 2022.
- Simulated practice for pre-registration and CPD students
- Breastfeeding initiative – UNICEF
- Support for parents/families of neonatal patients
- Pediatric Nursing
- Nursing Research
- Leadership in Nursing
- Special and Transitional Care of Newborns
- High Dependency and Intensive Care of Newborns
- Breastfeeding and Relationship Training
- BSc Nursing, Mangalore University, India
- Masters in Nursing - Paediatric, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, India
- Graduate Certificate in Special and Intensive Care of Newborns, Anglia Ruskin University
- Mentorship in Practice, Essex University
- Post Graduate Certificate in Teaching and learning, Anglia Ruskin University (current)
Recent presentations and conferences
Care of New-borns with Neurological Conditions in National Conference. National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Bangalore, India.