Writtle University College and ARU have merged. Writtle’s full range of college, degree, postgraduate and short courses will still be delivered on the Writtle campus. See our guide to finding Writtle information on this site.

Students from Exchange partners

If you're a student from one of our partner universities around the world, our exchange programme gives you the chance to study in the UK for a semester as part of your degree programme.

As an exchange student at Anglia Ruskin, you'll study on one of our two main campuses in Cambridge and Chelmsford, both of which are just 45 minutes away from London.

All of our courses are modular and credit bearing, which means that - providing your home institution belongs to the credit conversion system - the credits gained at our University will be recognised as part of your degree programme. (Please check details on credit recognition with your home university's Study Abroad office.)

To take part in our exchange programme, you’ll have to be a current full-time student on an appropriate course at one of our partner universities:

If you're not currently studying at one of our partner universities, consider applying to our Study Abroad programme.

For details of how to apply to the exchange programme, please see below.


Making your application

Application deadlines for our Study Abroad programme are:

  • Trimester 1 (September-December): 31 May
  • Trimester 2 (January-May): 31 October

Partner universities are encouraged to send nominations and applications to ARU Global as early as possible to support students in finding suitable accommodation.

Please contact your home university’s study abroad coordinator or [email protected] to request specific information on the modules available to incoming exchange students.

How to apply

Exchange students must be nominated by their home university first. When the ARU Global team receives your nomination, we will send you application materials for you to submit your application to us.

Visa information

If you want to study in the UK for a full year, you'll need to obtain a Student visa.

If you're coming to study for one trimester you'll be on a Standard Visitor visa or enter the UK as a visitor, which doesn't allow you to work while here.

For more information, visit our immigration advice pages

Student Life

We want your experience at Anglia Ruskin to be unforgettable - that's why we'll be here to help you every step of the way, from finding accommodation for the duration of your stay to bringing you the support of our award-winning Student Services team.

Contact us

For further information please contact the Study Abroad/ Exchange office at your university or email us at [email protected]