Preparing for university
There are a number of things we ask students to do before they arrive. You might want to check with your child if they’ve completed all of the following tasks.
- Have they registered online? They will need to register online before starting.
- Have they prepared their photo and documents for their Student ID card? They can upload their photo to the student ID card page, and they’ll need to bring their passport or birth certificate and a form of photo ID to collect their card.
- Have they completed the online induction, Into ARU? This online guide gives them essential information about their course and what support is available to them.
- Do they know about their first day? Students need to find out about how to access their online course induction and make sure they attend all the sessions.
- Have they found about Welcome events and activities? Welcome events are a great way to make friends and start settling into university life.
- Have they joined our social media networks? Encourage your child to get involved with ARU before they arrive. They can take a look around our Welcome pages, download our app and join our Facebook group to start making contact with other students before they arrive.
- Have they thought about what they need to bring with them? If they’re moving into student accommodation, have a look at our suggestions for what to bring.
You could also encourage your child to check out our before you get here page to make sure they've got everything ready ahead of their arrival at ARU.