Faculty:Faculty of Arts, Humanities, Education and Social Sciences
School:Cambridge School of Creative Industries
Areas of Expertise:
Matthew is a Lecturer in game design and development, with a game industry background and interests in game development, player experience and generative creativity.
Matthew has held game design roles on a variety of projects and at all seniority levels, including design team leader and monetisation manager for a major massively multiplayer online game.
He has also been a solo independent developer, taught mathematics in secondary schools and been a Software Developer and IT Manager in telecoms.
- Procedural narrative and game content generation
- Player experience
- Pedagogy and professional practice for game design and development
- Impact on society of games and related technologies
Matthew currently teaches on the following modules:
- Immersive Game Design
- Game Technologies
- Final Project for Games
- Technical Development for Games
- Games Concepts and Analysis
- MSci Mathematics with Philosophy of Mathematics, King’s College London
- PGCE Secondary Mathematics, University of Hertfordshire