Katerina has broad teaching experience in the area of Maritime Law, Employment Law, Contract Law and Dispute Resolution. Her professional knowledge and research interests are on workplace wellbeing, legislation and discrimination, effective access to justice; legal representation of disadvantaged tribunal users. She is a member of our Centre for Pluralists Economics (CPE) and Centre for Access to Justice and Inclusion (CAJI).
Connect with Katerina on LinkedIn
View Katerina's profile on Global Labor Organization
Follow Katerina on Twitter
View Katerina's ResearchGate profile
Katerina has been working as a consultant since 2006.
Over the years, Katerina has taught a number of undergraduate and postgraduate modules in various British universities, such as Business Law, European Union Law, Employment Law, European Single Market, English Legal System and Methods, Shipping Business Environment and International Trade, Introduction to Civil Law and Legislation, Construction Contract Law, Effective Leadership and Management, Organisational Behaviour and Analysis, Contemporary Issues in Integrated Marketing Communications, Research Methods for Law, Business, Human Resource Management and Marketing departments.
She has also been successful in sharing her research contributions in leading conferences and symposiums in Europe, Australia, China, the United States, and the Middle East. She has held external positions in Cranfield University, University of Derby, Liverpool John Moores University, Solent University, Sussex University, and the University of Sunderland.
- Greek – fluent
- Russian, Spanish and French – working knowledge
- Workplace wellbeing and wellness
- Workplace discrimination and equality
- Access to justice
- Effectiveness of workplace and extra-workplace justice systems
- E-justice and information communication technologies
- Alternative/online dispute resolution
Areas of research supervision
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Workplace wellbeing experiences
- Comparison of employment laws and organisational practices
- Evaluation of the judicial systems
- Dispute resolution
Teaching experience on the following modules at ARU:
- Constitutional and Administrative Law (Level 4)
- Academic Skills (Level 4)
- Organisational Behaviour (Level 4)
- Introduction to Business Contracts and the Law (Level 4, module leader)
- Business Law (Level 5, module leader)
- Research Methods (Level 5)
- Undergraduate Major Project (Level 6, module leader)
- Employment Law (Level 6, module leader)
- Employment Law and Relations (Level 6, module leader)
- Business and Employment Law (Level 6)
- International Trade Law (Level 7, module leader)
- Employment Law (Level 7, module leader)
- Business Law and Practice (Level 7)
- PGCert Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Anglia Ruskin University
- PhD in Human Resource Management, Middlesex University in London
- MSc Research Methods in Business and Management, Middlesex University in London
- Master of Laws – LLM in International Commercial Law, University of Sussex
- Law Honours Degree – LLB/Law, Middlesex University in London
Memberships, editorial boards
- The Higher Education Academy, Senior Fellow
- Athens Bar Association, Advocate
- Centre for Pluralist Economics, Member
- Centre for Access to Justice and Inclusion, Member
- Global Labor Organisation, Fellow
- Journal of Social and Organisational Research (JSOR), Editorial board member
- Industrial Law Society, Member
- International Society for Labour Law and Social Security, Member
- CSR Middle East, Member
- The Greek Alumni Association of Sussex University, Board member
- The British Educational Leadership Management and Administration Society (BELMAS), Member
Selected recent publications
Sidiropoulou, K., 2020. Gender Identity Minorities and Workplace Legislation in Europe. In: Zimmermann, K. (Ed.) Handbook of Labor, Human Resources and Population Economics (Cham: Springer). doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-57365-6_34-1
Sidiropoulou, K., Drydakis, N., Paraskevopoulou, A., Harvey, B., 2019. Family Support, School-Age and Workplace Bullying for LGB people. International Journal of Manpower. ISSN 1758-6577.
Bozani, V., Drydakis, N., Sidiropoulou, K., Harvey, B., Paraskevopoulou, A., 2019. Workplace Positive Actions, Trans People’s Self-Esteem and Human Resources’ Evaluations. International Journal of Manpower. ISSN: 0143-7720.
Drydakis, N., Sidiropoulou, K., Patnaik, S., Selmanovic, S., Bozani, V., 2017. Masculine vs Feminine Personality Traits and Women’s Employment Outcomes in Britain: A Field Experiment. International Journal of Manpower. ISSN: 0143-7720.
Sidiropoulou, K., 2016. The role of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) scheme in the settlement of disputes within commercial transactions (Munich: Grin-Verlag). ISBN: 978-3-668-17929-5.
Sidiropoulou, P. A., Moustakas, E., 2009. An explanatory analysis of the Online Dispute Resolution mechanism. In: Al Ajeeli, A. T., Latif Al-Bastaki, Y. A. (Eds.), 2009. Handbook of Research on E-Services in the Public Sector: E-Government Strategies and Advancements (Bahrain: University of Bahrain), pp. 106-117 (Chapter 10).
Recent presentations and conferences
- Age, gender and race in the workplace: discrimination in recruitment. British Sociological Association (BSA) Annual Conference 2019, Glasgow, UK.
- Workers in the Modern Economy: Aspects of flexibility. (Group for Employment Law and Policy), 8th International Conference, Kingston University
- Business and Mediation. SEV Hellenic Federation of Enterprises-ALBA Graduate Business School, Athens, Greece
- A review of the main technical solutions to facilitate effective on-line dispute resolution mechanisms. International conference e-learning, e-business, enterprise information systems and e-Government (EEE), Las Vegas
- E-disputes at the crossroads: A stakeholder analysis of on-line dispute resolution mechanisms (ODR). The 17th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), Verona.
- The development of an on-line dispute resolution mechanism for management electronic disputes. The 24th Annual Conference in British and Irish Law, Education and Technology, Winchester, UK
- The use of on-line arbitration system in the tourism industry. The 1st International Symposium in Tourism and Law, Escola Superior de Technologia e Gestao de Lamego, Lamego
- An explanatory analysis of the on-line dispute resolution mechanism. The 4th international conference on e-Government RMIT University, Melbourne
Sidiropoulou, K., 2021. Gender identity minorities and workplace legislation in Europe [Interview]. Faculti, 16 July 2021.