Senior Lecturer Practitioner
- Faculty of Health, Medicine and Social Care
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
Jeff is a Senior Lecturer Practitioner with an interest in Emergency and Advanced Practice.
Jeff is an Advanced Clinical Practitioner working in Emergency Medicine at a local DGH. He comes from an emergency nursing background with 22 years’ experience as an ENP and ACP. He has a keen interest in cardiology, frailty medicine and sports injuries. He is also a non-medical prescriber with an interest in polypharmacy complications.
- Management of frailty fractures
- Emergency department processes and crowd reduction
Jeff’s Masters Dissertation centered on creating a quality improvement project in Pain Management of Neck and Femur Fractures. He created a nurse led Fascia Iliaca Block service within the Emergency department to improve the patient journey and improve recovery. This is now being rolled out to Ambulance Services within the UK.
Areas of research supervision
- Currently supervising 1 student who is performing a systematic review of testosterone involvement in Covid-19 outcomes.
- Non-Medical Prescribing (Level 6 and 7)
- Advanced Practice in Context
- MSc in Advanced Clinical Practice, Warwick Medical School
- BSc (Hons) Nursing, Anglia Polytechnic University
- General Instructor Certificate, Resuscitation Council
- Registered Nurse
- Non-Medical Prescriber (Level 7) Anglia Ruskin University
Memberships, editorial boards
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Royal College of Emergency Medicine (Associate)
- Royal College of Nursing (RCN)
Recent presentations and conferences
Poster presentation 2018 RCEM London conference (Systematic review of Analgesia in Neck of Femur Fractures)