Writtle University College and ARU have merged. Writtle’s full range of college, degree, postgraduate and short courses will still be delivered on the Writtle campus. See our guide to finding Writtle information on this site.

Support on your course

Personal Development Tutor (PDT)

Your Personal Development Tutor is a member of academic staff who is there to point you in the right direction and guide you through your academic journey.

They are your main point of contact to talk to on a one-to-one basis about your course and your aspirations for the future.

You could discuss your academic progress, personal development, general wellbeing, and any concerns you have that may affect your studies.

Find out how to contact your Personal Development Tutor on e:Vision.

Personal Development Community

You're also part of a Personal Development Community, which is a group of fellow students you can call on for support. They're there to support you socially, as a peer-to-peer network, so you can talk about your work or your assessments, but also any worries or concerns you might have - because you can bet that

if you're worried about it, your friends will be too.

Working together you'll develop strong academic skills and the key skills future employers are looking for; including self-management, resilience, communication and team work.

Find out more about Personal Development Tutors

You can find more about Personal Development Tutors on My ARU.

A person getting counselling

Need to talk to someone?

Find out about all the help that's available to you both on campus and outside the uni. Talk to us - we're here to help.

Find support
The Students' Union logo

Students' Union Advice Service

The Students' Union Advice Service can support you on a number of problems, including mental health, relationship advice, sexual health, domestic abuse and more.

Get advice from ARU Students' Union