Faculty: Arts, Humanities, Education and Social Sciences
School: School of Creative Industries
Category: All about university
23 June 2023
We asked our computer gaming lecturers to tell us their top resources for new students to check out before joining one of our courses. Here are Computer Games Course Leader Dominic Chapman's suggestions.
- 80 Level – a good place to read articles about game development and tutorials.
- Table Flip Games YouTube - a resource for tutorials for art and programming.
- CGA YouTube - the BA (Hons) Computer Games Art YouTube channel, with many tutorials for creating artwork for games.
- Art Station - a portfolio website with access to game dev articles, jobs, other peoples artwork and tutorials.
- Unity Connect - a place for Unity games engine tutorials, it also includes a job search section.
- 3dEX YouTube - tutorials for creating stylized models/textures.
- Zbrush Central - Zbrush tutorials and portfolio website.
- Unreal Engine Learning – a learning resource for Unreal Engine 4.
Watch our 2022 Computer Games Art student showreel.
By Dominic Chapman
Course Leader for Computer Games
Dominic lectures on Computer Games courses at ARU in Cambridge. Find out more about these and other degree courses at one of our Open Days.