Faculty: Science and Engineering
School: Psychology and Sport Science
BSC (HONS) Sport and Exercise Science
15 March 2022
Hello I’m Georgia and here are my five reasons why I chose to study Sport and Exercise Science at ARU:
- Sport has always been an important part of my life. As a participant and a spectator, I love being in the environment of a competitive game or training. To be able to implement that into research and study the how’s and why’s of what I love is so rewarding.
- Science and maths were always my strongest subjects in school. Studying the biomechanics of sport and exercise allows me to utilise this with something I’m passionate about.
- Being able to continue on studying and researching past school has been a really enjoyable experience for me. Seeing a career pathway for me to continue researching is an exciting opportunity for me.
- The people I’ve met through studying Sport and Exercise Science have been some of the most inspiring and supportive people in my life. I feel so privileged to be able to work alongside such fantastic academics.
- Within sport and exercise science, I’ve been able to research performance sport to recreational participation from the general population. Feeling like I’m making a difference in people’s lives, whether it’s through their professional sports performance or their everyday participation and general health is a really rewarding experience.
Sport had such a massive impact on my life when I was a child and has shaped me into the strong-willed, hardworking, and independent person that I am today. It’s so meaningful to feel that I am now making my own impact within the development of sport as a whole.