Writtle University College and ARU have merged. Writtle’s full range of college, degree, postgraduate and short courses will still be delivered on the Writtle campus. See our guide to finding Writtle information on this site.

Degree Apprenticeship BSc (Hons) Supply Chain Management Supply Chain Leadership Professional

Information for employers

Attract new talent or develop your existing employees into capable supply chain professionals with our Supply Chain Leadership Professional Degree Apprenticeship: a cost-effective way to grow and retain your talent.

A man in hi viz and a hard hat and a woman in a suit and hard hat looking at a tablet in a warehouse

Develop the logistics skills for an effective supply chain

Designed in conjunction with employers in the supply chain management sector across the East of England, this course will develop the management skills and business acumen of your employees. Your apprentice will benefit from a course that balances theory with practical, real-time learning in the workplace through this part-time blended block-release programme.

Who is this apprenticeship for?

This apprenticeship will develop talent for roles including Supply Chain Executive, Supply Chain Management Lead, Chief Supply Chain Officer and Demand Planner. It will typically report to (or be a member of) a company’s main executive board, commercial, operational or supply chain director and have geographic, team management, business unit and/or budget responsibilities.

Organisations of all sizes in the public, private and charitable sectors can benefit. You may wish to create a new role within your organisation to attract fresh talent, or develop your existing staff.

Capabilities to better your business

Addressing the skills gap

"The Supply Chain Management degree apprenticeship will provide a means to professionalise supply chain teams – the degree apprenticeship will help define and promote a career pathway that is not always well understood. It will help bring new talent into the sector."
Tom Stevens, Operations Director of Cambridge Commodities

A cost-effective way to develop and retain talent

Degree apprenticeships are a smart investment. You can reinvest Apprenticeship Levy funds to cover the cost of the apprenticeship, or receive funding support from the government. 

If you operate in England and your annual payroll is over £3 million, you pay a levy of 0.5% of your payroll into a levy account.

The cost of the Supply Chain Leadership Professional programme for levy paying employers is £21,000 and this can be covered in full using the non-refundable funds in your levy account. If you exhaust the funds in your levy account, then the government will pay 95% of the outstanding fees and you will need to pay the remaining 5%.

If you are an SME, not required to pay the levy, you will pay only 5% of the cost of the apprenticeship programme while the government pays the remaining 95%. The cost of the Supply Chain Leadership programme for non-levy paying employers is just £1,050.

For more about the Apprenticeship Levy, and to find out about any additional incentive payments for hiring a new apprentice from the government, please visit the key information section on our Degree apprenticeships for employers page.

Our team of dedicated consultants can talk you through the detail.

Delivered by experts, blending face-to-face and online learning

Our degree apprenticeship in Supply Chain Management is delivered from the ARU Peterborough campus in the heart of the city centre. This is a part-time, blended, block release programme.

Apprentices have a week's block teaching at the beginning of every trimester (September, January, May) on campus, and then fortnightly timetabled online webinars (three hours long) where apprentices are supported with their application of learning to the workplace, and their assessments.

Our trimester programme (three terms) provides continuous support to our apprentices and ensures that their skills do not dip during a long summer break, and that the course and assessments are more manageable alongside their job.

What are the entry requirements?

As an employer, your business sets out the person specifications for the role, but the apprentice will need to meet our entry requirements to be accepted onto the course. You can few the full entry requirements on our Supply Chain Leadership Professional apprentice course page.

Visit the BSc (Hons) Supply Chain Management apprentice course page for full course details

Helping you find the right apprentice

Woman smiling iStock image 498941586

Recruitment support

Our dedicated apprenticeship team is on hand to help you attract the best candidates for your organisation. We can help with:

  • Crafting job advertisements
  • Promoting your vacancy to our registered and targeted candidate mailing list
  • Adding your vacancy to the National Apprenticeship Service ‘Find an Apprenticeship’ on your behalf
  • Sharing opportunities across our social media channels.

Our consultants will also be happy to support you in determining the suitability of the candidates you receive.

Next steps

If you'd like to know more about the apprenticeship, have a current employee in mind or are thinking of recruiting an apprentice for your business, our designated team of experts are here to support you at every step. Get in touch today.