Degree Apprenticeship BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions Digital and Technology Solutions Professional

Information for employers

Develop your own talent pipelines for in-demand roles including Software Engineers and Cyber Security Analysts with our TechSkills accredited Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Degree Apprenticeship: a cost-effective way to develop and retain a highly skilled digital workforce.

Please note this apprenticeship is currently under review and is subject to change.

A man sits at desk with laptop, computer screen and earphones smiling at the camera

Building digital tech talent

The Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Degree Apprenticeship was designed in consultation with leading employers and subject matter experts, ensuring that the curriculum balances theory with practical, real-time learning in the workplace to meet the current and future industry needs. Apprentices will develop the key skills, knowledge and behaviours to contribute to a range of digital projects within your organisation and stay at the forefront as technologies advance.

Who is this apprenticeship for?

This apprenticeship will develop talent for the roles of Software Engineer, Cyber Security Analyst or Network Engineer. Ideal for new recruits or developing existing staff who want to advance their capabilities in using technology enabled solutions to have maximum impact for your business. As the course advances apprentices will be able to specialise as a Network Engineer, Cyber Security Analyst or Network Engineer so you can recruit to whichever specialism meets the needs of your business. The programme has been designed for employers who have a mentor to support and guide the apprentice in their study and career progression for the duration of the apprenticeship.

Capabilities to better your business

A cost-effective way to develop and retain talent

Degree apprenticeships are a smart investment. You can reinvest Apprenticeship Levy funds to cover the cost of the apprenticeship, or receive funding support from the government.

If you operate in England and your annual payroll is over £3 million, you pay a levy of 0.5% of your payroll into a levy account.

The cost of the Digital and Technology Solutions Professional programme for levy paying employers is £27,000 and this can be covered in full using the non-refundable funds in your levy account. If you exhaust the funds in your levy account, then the government will pay 95% of the outstanding fees and you will need to pay the remaining 5%.

If your organisation is not required to pay the levy, you will pay only 5% of the cost of the apprenticeship programme while the government pays the remaining 95%. The cost of the Digital and Technology Solutions Professional programme for non-levy paying employers is just £1,250.

For more about the Apprenticeship Levy, and to find out about any additional incentive payments for hiring a new apprentice from the government, please visit the key information section on our Degree apprenticeships for employers page.

Our team of dedicated consultants can talk you through the detail.

Industry recognised professional accreditation

Accredited by TechSkills Gold Logo

Accredited by TechSkills

Tech Industry Gold is the industry accreditation for digital and tech degrees and degree apprenticeships. Designed to meet standards that are defined by employers, Tech Industry Gold programmes integrate industry-relevant academic learning with the technical, business and interpersonal skills new recruits need to excel in digital careers.

Delivered by experts, blending online and face-to-face learning

The course is delivered over four years and combines online learning from sector specialists and practitioners with teaching workshops from our academic team.  

At least 20% of apprentices contracted hours will be classed as ‘off the job’. This time will be dedicated to developing the knowledge and skills needed to meet the requirements of the apprenticeship, and therefore is not part of their usual work duties. 

The off-the-job learning is delivered in a blended format combining teaching weeks on our Peterborough campus, together with online resources.

What are the entry requirements? 

As an employer your business sets out the person specifications for the role, but the apprentice will need to meet our entry requirements to be accepted onto the course. You can view the full entry requirements on our apprentice course page.

Our team of dedicated consultants can talk you through the detail.

Visit our apprentice course page for full course details

Helping you find the right apprentice

Woman smiling iStock image 498941586

Recruitment support

Our dedicated apprenticeship team is on hand to help you attract the best candidates for your organisation. We can help with:

  • Crafting job advertisements
  • Promoting your vacancy to our registered and targeted candidate mailing list
  • Adding your vacancy to the National Apprenticeship Service ‘Find an Apprenticeship’ on your behalf
  • Sharing opportunities across our social media channels.

Our consultants will also be happy to support you in determining the suitability of the candidates you receive.

Next steps

If you'd like to know more about the apprenticeship, have a current employee in mind or are thinking of recruiting an apprentice for your business, our designated team of experts are here to support you at every step. Get in touch today.