ARU Summer Internship Programme
Following the success of our Covid-19 Business Recovery Internships, ARU are pleased to introduce a new 50% funded, 12-week summer internship programme
As a result of the pandemic and its impact on the economy there have been far fewer placement and work experience opportunities available for students to develop the vital skills employers look for when hiring graduates. Students have also been significantly disadvantaged financially with the total closure of sectors such as hospitality and events where they have traditionally found part time, paid work to support them during their studies.
Similarly, businesses have faced catastrophic consequences forcing many to freeze recruitment, make redundancies or even close entirely.
Following the success of our Covid-19 Business Recovery Internships, we are pleased to introduce our newest initiative to encourage growth in the wake of the pandemic and provide vital work opportunities to ARU students.
- 12 week terms
- Full or part time hours
- First 6 weeks fully funded by ARU
- £9.50ph pay rate
- ARU undergraduate student candidates
- Internships must start no later than 21st June
Benefits to the business
- Access to our talented undergraduate students
- An extra pair of hands to recover and grow your business
- Build your pipeline of graduate talent
- Improve student employability skills to minimise skills gaps caused by the pandemic
- Minimal effort, risk and commitment for your business
- A fully managed recruitment service at 50% of the cost
- Digital marketing strategy to develop business remotely via key social media channels and website
- IT infrastructure support to facilitate agile working
- Big data research and analysis
To provide a fully managed recruitment service including:
- Proactive promotion of vacancies via various mediums such as online jobs board, target emails and social media channels
- Initial candidate vetting
- CV shortlisting
- Arranging interviews
- Pre-employment checks including right to work and any related admin
- Processing payroll
- Any other recruitment related support required
Please send expressions of interest ASAP to [email protected] with ‘ARU Summer Internship Scheme’ as the subject field. Please include a project brief or short job description and we will get back to you with next steps.
This scheme has limited funding and strict timescales so please get in touch with us immediately.
Posted 18 May 2021